General Dental Websites
The following links provide some good information on general dentistry:
- American Dental Association – The ADA provides information for the general public, including dental care articles, dental insurance information, and information for students interested in dentistry.
- Mouthhealthy.org – This site contains a wide variety of dental health information, including articles on women’s dental health issues, child dental care information, halitosis (also known as bad breath), and new dental product information.
- Glossary of Dental Terms – The ADA’s comprehensive reference provides a glossary of dental terms as they relate to the public.
Oral Health Care and Products
The following websites providing helpful information on oral health and home care products patients can use to maintain optimum oral health:
- Colgate – A trusted resource for dental health information and oral care products. Scroll down the page to access a list of oral health conditions.
- Crest – One of the world’s most trusted brands of dental products.
- Oral-B – Oral-B developed this learning center for dental health education in order to promote oral care habits that are essential to the lifelong health of teeth and gums. It includes information and advice for children, adults, and dental health teachers.
- Sonicare – Learn how the Sonicare toothbrush creates and indescribable clean feeling and the benefits you can expect from using it.
- Bruxism – This site contains useful information on the latest information about bruxism, or teeth grinding.
Other Interesting Websites
- Healthy Smiles – A program with the goal of combatting America’s oral health epidemic by improving the oral health of American children and their families.
- National Museum of Dentistry – This museum, a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate, is a national center where visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile and the rich history of dentistry.